Expectations of Students

These are expectations I, the instructor, have of you, the student.

• Check your email regularly for updates (please make sure you have proper access to it, and that you give me the correct email address in the intro questionnaire).  
  • Due dates are calculated by EST – assignments are due by midnight EST on the date.
  • If and when issues arise (be they technical or personal) that interfere with your studies, communicate with me as soon as possible. I am happy to make any necessary accommodations and work with you.  Online learning in a pandemic is not normal!  We will all have to be kind to ourselves and one another, as well as flexible with our self-expectations. I am here to help in any way I can.
  • Grades will not be curved.
  • This is an inclusive space for all students, and absolutely no discrimination in any form will be tolerated.  If you ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe throughout the course, please let me know via email or in office hours (see password and zoom information above). I am not a mandated reporter.
  • Plagiarism is unacceptable. I would rather grant an extension than receive plagiarized work. If you find that you need more time to complete an assignment, please talk to me. If you are wondering whether something counts as plagiarism, see the handout (on the class website and Blackboard). If you are still unsure, feel free to ask me!
    • I have a “two-strike” policy. The first time any work is plagiarized, I will fail the assignment. The second time I will bring the matter to the office of academic integrity and recommend course failure – no exceptions and no questions asked.