Accessibility

The Center for Student Disability Services (CSDS) will be working remotely for the fall semester. See here for more details. In order to receive disability-related academic accommodations students must first be registered with CSDS. Students who have a documented disability or suspect they may have a disability are invited to schedule an interview by calling (718) 951-5538 or emailing testingcsds@brooklyn.cuny.edu. If you have already registered with CSDS, email Josephine.Patterson@brooklyn.cuny.edu or testingcsds@brooklyn.cuny.edu to ensure the accommodation email is sent to your professor.

I assume that all of us learn in different ways and live in very different circumstances. I understand that the organization of any course will accommodate each student differently. For example, you may prefer to process information by speaking and listening, or you might prefer to articulate ideas via email or chat/discussion/comments. While I hope that you will all engage and participate generously, please talk to me as soon as you can about your individual learning needs and how this course can best accommodate them. (Credit to Jessie Male). Your access to our class matters to me—matters a lot. While I work hard to make our class accessible, I understand that you may have access needs I have not addressed. Access is an ongoing process. Please meet with me to discuss your access needs.